Midwest Basketball Academy is coming to the Elkhart Sports Center!!
Elkhart, IN (August 14, 2019)—Midwest Basketball Academy (“MBA”) is bringing the very BEST in basketball training and competitive team play to the Elkhart Sports Center. (“ESC”)
Co-owner Troy Baughman says, “As the Elkhart Sports Center continues to strive and provide our community and surrounding communities the BEST in training opportunities, the addition of MBA truly fits this objective. MBA, and owner Rod Creech, have been the go-to program in Northern Indiana for basketball training and travel basketball for the past 27 years and we are proud to now call them our partner.”
Midwest Basketball Academy offers skill development camps, skill development training clinics, training leagues, Rod Creech’s Elite Basketball Training dealing with small group training and the top travel basketball program in Northern Indiana. This past year, MBA SELECT was contracted by Adidas to participate in the Adidas Gauntlet series at the high school boys and girls level. MBA SELECT had teams playing in the Platinum, Gold and Silver Gauntlet series. The Adidas Gauntlet series in one of the top two circuits in the world and offer MBA SELECT players the opportunity to play in the best tournaments and against the best competition and in front of a whole lot of college coaches.
MBA has also produced some of the best players to come out of this area including but not limited too former Indiana Mr. and Miss Basketball runners up, Demetrius Jackson, Melissa Lechlitner, and Sydney Smallbone. They have also had 6 boys Indiana All-Stars and 20 girls Indiana All Stars. Rod Creech was inducted into the Indiana Basketball Hall of Fame as part of the 1987 Silver Anniversary team.
MBA owner Rod Creech says, “to impact this community of basketball players that are eager to learn this great game of hoops, we need a place that the kids can come and call home, a place that is recognized as the go to gym if you want to be a baller. There are a lot of “gym rats” out there that love this game and want to live in the gym. The Elkhart Sports Center provides just that, an awesome facility, owned by awesome people that want to invest in this community and be difference makers. It takes a village to grow champions and I truly believe that MBA and ESC will be a special place to develop champions on and off the court.”
MBA programming will begin at the Elkhart Sports Center the week of August 18th, 2019. Tryouts for MBA SELECT teams 3rd– HS boys and girls will take place at Elkhart Sports Center on September 8th, 2019. Here are the tryout times and age groups:
· 3rd– 6thgrade boys and girls Elite and Developmental teams – 12 – 1:15PM
· 7th– 8thgrade boys and girls Adidas Jr. Gauntlet, Elite and Developmental teams – 2 – 3:15PM
· High School boys Adidas Gauntlet Gold and Silver teams – 3:45 – 5PM
· High School girls Adidas Gauntlet Platinum, Gold and Silver teams – 5:30 – 6:45PM
Rod Creech bio:
· Lead Penn High School Basketball-Sectional, Regional Champions 1987
· Lead Penn High School Basketball-Semi State Runner up
· NIC Conference Player of the Year 1987
· Penn High School record holder for Most points scored in a Single Season 1987
· USA Today High School All American
· AP 2nd Team All State
· College Basketball Scholarship to Saginaw Valley State University 1987-1992
· 1987 GLIAC Conference Freshman of the Year Award
· In top 10 at Saginaw Valley in career records: assists, steals, Free throws and games played
· Played Professionally with High Five America
· Division I NCAA Women’s College Basketball Official 2001-present
MBA select creates a culture that builds upon teaching the fundamentals of the game properly. They build confidence through competence and their staff believes basketball is all about having a solid fundamental base, a foundation to stand on so that success can happen. MBA goal is to make sure that every player, from beginning to advanced level, has the opportunity to take advantage of the quality and professional services that they have to offer.
Elkhart Sports Center is a premier athletic facility committed to providing the Michiana community with the highest level of competition, training and excellence for its youth and adults through sports and physical activities.
For more information and to keep up with the latest updates on MBA, follow them on:
Additionally you can get all information on MBA and all activities at the Elkhart Sports Center by visiting our website at elkhartsportscenter.com and follow us on our social media handles;